Wednesday 9 July 2014

Summer '14

I’m also totally guilty of not posting anything for what seems like ageees and there is no excuse as to why I’ve slacked with it. But anyway…

My summer has definitely been strange so far, from just missing out on the internship that I wanted to landing some fun writing experience for The Money Charity. Going into my third year of university is kind of scary and I wanted to some extra stuff this summer. After not getting what I wanted straight away I felt like it wouldn’t happen and I’d have a boring summer because of it. But with a bit of patience and hard work, this led me to getting some other experience that I couldn’t have foreseen. And sometimes having a bit of time off is actually quite nice to do what I want for once.

I suppose it’s about not giving up and accepting that even if it was something that you really wanted, it didn’t happen because something better is up next. I kind of believe that one now. And anyway, everything that you do, no matter if you didn’t get the end result that you were after, the experience will have given you something.

I decided that maybe I didn’t necessarily need to be driven by money and so I volunteered at a local writing centre. It was fun, I wasn’t getting paid, but for once that didn’t matter. So summer seems the perfect opportunity to do stuff that like that.

So basically make the most of summer, even if it’s not quite what you may have hoped for or thought it would be like. Life has random surprises, especially when you put the work in.


Plus it's left me some time to cook which I don't have much time for usually - me and my friend made the easiest banana cake ever and it was pretty yummy!

Recipe: 


  • 125g butter
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 190g self raising flour
  • 60ml milk

  1. Firstly grease and line any tin. Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in the microwave. 
  2. Then add the mashed bananas. Mix in the eggs, sift in the flour and then the milk.  
  3. Pour into the tin and bake on 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes. Use a skewer to check that the cake is cooked and leave to cool! 

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP