Saturday 7 June 2014

MindBodyMode meets: JOY MUMFORD

Guys, I have come to the conclusion that I am an epic “fangirl”. For those of you that do not know what a fangirl is, here is a quick definition from my never-failing companion, Urban Dictionary:
FANGIRL: A female who has overstepped the line between a healthy fandom and an indecent obsession.

Okay, maybe not to that extent but I am obsessed with my YouTube and blogging loves! I always crave the opportunity to meet them and I finally did!


So, I went to Nottingham for a few days and had the amazing opportunity to meet one of my favourite YouTubers, Joy Mumford. Joy is a 21 year old singer/songwriter from Nottingham with an amazing blog and YouTube channel. With her beautiful EP called “Cake and Tea”, Joy’s music brings so much joy and serenity to those listening. Her voice is pure and rich and her songwriting ability is to be praised – not many songwriters can suck you in and make you feel as if you can relate to them. With a songwriting ability and voice comparable to people like Lianne La Havas, Corinne Bailey and Gabrielle Aplin, Joy Mumford has managed to raise a fanbase which is well deserved.

Joy is one of the loveliest people I have met to date. She showed my friend and I around the quirky parts of Nottingham and we had a cheeky day filled with window shopping and lovely conversation. Obsessing over YouTube and blogs, I found that the YouTube community brings people together which is an amazing aspect of it. Hopefully, I can meet her again and show her around Norwich.


Check out her links to keep up to date with what she is getting up to.
Joy's links:
Download her EP "Cake and Tea" here - https://joymumfordmusic.bandcamp.com/
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/joy-mumford
Instagram - http://instagram.com/joymumfs

Click her to watch my interview with Joy!

Until next time,

Mimi x


0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP